- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Drive from Os to Lofthus.
- Driving distance: 180 km
- Approximate driving time: 4 hours
- Short ferry crossing from Hatvik to Venjaneset (to be paid on spot)
- Short ferry crossing from Tørvikbygd to Jondal (to be paid on spot)
- Recommended stops along the way:
- Folgefonna Glacier - early start required if joining glacier walk
- Hardanger Culture Gallery in Herand
- Hardanger Folk Museum in Utne
- Agatunet Farm Village
- Tyssedal Power Plant
- Dinner and accommodation at Ullensvang Hotel.
- Room with fjord view included
Breakfast at the hotel. Two ferry crossings (to be paid on spot) will bring you across the Bjørnefjord and the Hardangerfjord to Jondal, while you will have the possibility to see Norway’s 3rd largest glacier, Folgefonna.
Continue on the scenic road via Utne and along Sørfjorden, an arm of the Hardangerfjord, to Lofthus. Along the way we recommend a visit at Agatunet and Tyssedal Power Plant; Agatunet is one of the few remaining farm communities which provides unique examples of western Norwegian building traditions from the Middle Ages until the present day. In addition to the farm buildings the museum offers handicraft shops, art exhibitions, a workshop for weavers, baking of traditional food and much more. Your hotel for the next two nights is the impressive Ullensvang Hotel, beautifully located in Lofthus on the Hardangerfjord. The Hardangerfjord is the second largest fjord in Norway, and famous for its fruit orchards. The contrast created by green hillsides, orchards in blossom and snow-clad mountains has inspired many, and among them the well known Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg with his famous composition «Spring». If travelling in May you will have the possibility to see the lovely blossoming of the fruit trees. Dinner and accommodation at Ullensvang Hotel (room with fjord view).
Hotel included in Lofthus (Hardangerfjord)