Surrounded by towering mountains, Tromsø is nicknamed Paris of the North. This remarkably cosmopolitan city in the Arctic has a fascinating history. It has been the starting point for numerous polar expeditions in the Arctic Ocean, it served briefly as Norway’s seat of government in 1940, and has been a destination for timber transport from Russian rivers. Today Tromsø is a vibrant small metropolis with a rich cultural life. It is also the centre of research and education in the North. Our tour begins with a ride with the city´s famous cable car up to the mountain ledge, Storsteinen (421 metres/1,377 ft above sea level). From here, you can marvel at spectacular panoramic views of Tromsø and the surrounding islands, mountains and fjords. Take a short walk around the mountain plateau, or enjoy something to eat or drink at Fjellstua restaurant. We also visit the Polaria centre, which features an Arctic aquarium, seal pool, educational displays and a panoramic cinema. The tour also includes a stop at the famous Arctic Cathedral, an architectural masterpiece and town landmark.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31 (Except for Jan 1, May 17 & Dec 24-26 & 31)
- Departure: 14:45 hrs (Tromsø)
- Duration: Approximately 2,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 76,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge