This excursion will take you to the majestic Lyngen Alps where beautiful fjords meet alpine mountains.
The reindeers are waiting for you to arrive at Camp Tamok. A bus will take you from your hotel to the camp. Upon arrival, you will receive comfortable outdoor clothing and shoes. A special Sami guide will meet you and bring you to the reindeers.
During the trip, you will be driving in pairs with one reindeer pulling the sleigh. All you have to do is sit back, make sure you are comfortable and enjoy the majestic and magical night scenery. If you are lucky, you might even see the Northern Lights.
After the sledding, you will go back to a warm lavvu (Sami tent), where there will be a bonfire. The perfect cozy setting to learn more about the Sami culture and people. You can try some lasso-throwing, a way to catch reindeers, hear some folk tales and you get the chance to feed the reindeers! Before the tour ends, you will go to the dining lavvu, where a hot meal will be served.
- Available: Daily from November 15 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 17:00 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotell /city centre
- Duration: 7 hours (transportation of 75 minutes each way)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 207,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% discount (4-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included: Transportation, warm clothing and a warm meal
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed depending on solar activity and a clear sky. No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.