Join experienced mushers for an overnight stay in the arctic wilderness. You will prepare and drive your own team of Alaskan huskies for 5-8 hours to the campsite where you settle down for the night. You get to take care of the dogs before you set up your own camp in the snow.
If the sky is clear you might sleep with the northern lights above, and if the weather is rough you will get a good understanding of the North-Norwegian nature. Please note that accommodation is very simple; there are no toilet and shower facilities, dinner will be prepared by the open fire. During the tour, you will all help with making food, harnessing and feeding the dogs.
After breakfast and the camp has been cleared the next day you will go further up the mountains and can enjoy pristine the beauty of the arctic wilderness. Possible wildlife sightings along the trail include fox, eagles, arctic and snowshoe hares, moose and reindeers. Dinner will be served around 16:00 hours back at the centre where you will be served a hot meal.
No former experience with dog sledding is required, you will learn from the experienced guides as you go.
Food and all equipment is included, and a we guarantee a proper polar winter experience and a memory for a lifetime with two full days of dog sledding.
- Available: From March 21 to April 30 on Mondays and Fridays, other days on request
- Departure: 09:45 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration: 32 hrs including 30-minute transfer each way
- Guiding: English
- Price: EUR 822,- per adult
- Child conditions: This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 14
- Included: Transportation, warm clothes (overalls, boots), tent, necessary equipment and meals.
- Please note:
- Special condition: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Good physical condition is required..
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.