You will drive with the ATV/Quad through the town centre of Kirkenes and stop at the AS Sydvaranger mines, where a short history will be presented before heading on to the Norwegian- Russian border by Skafferhullet/Elvenes. At the border, your guide will tell you about the history and culture of the area. You will stop at a Norwegian military watch tower, still manned from time to time, from where you can see Boris Gleb on the Russian side. You will go to see the official border crossing to Russia at Storskog, with time to stop for coffee/tea and muffins. There is also the opportunity to buy local souvenirs here. Return to Kirkenes via Prestefjellet viewpoint, overlooking the town and harbour where the ship docks.
- Available: Daily from May 7 to October 6
- Departure: 09:30 hrs (Kirkenes)
- Duration: Approximately 2,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017:’ EUR 138,- per adult / 25% discount per child 12-15 years old
- Child conditions: This activity is not suitable for children under the age of 12 years. Children between 12 and 18 years can join the quad tour as a passenger
- Included: Special clothing, headlights, coffee/tea and muffins
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Driver license is required to drive a quad, driver has to be over 18.