Kirkenes Snow Hotel is set in idyllic surroundings near Gabba Reindeer Park. Our adventure here begins with a stroll up to the hotel and into Norway’s largest ice bar, where upon arrival we are served an ice cold crowberry shot, locally known as ”Rudolf’s Revenge”! The guide will then show us around the Snow Hotel, including some of the magnificent suites containing art made from snow and ice. After the tour it is time to meet the reindeer. This is an excellent photo opportunity so don’t forget to bring your camera! You can also visit Gabba Kennel and see some of the many Huskies who live there.
Afterwards, we go to the Gabba restaurant where you’ll be greeted by a cosy fire. Here we are served sausages with potato pancakes and mustard, before returning to Kirkenes where we make a stop at Prestfjellet Mountain to enjoy its magnificent views of both the town and your waiting Hurtigruten ship.
- Available: Daily from December 20 to May 1 (not available on January 1)
- Departure: 09:30 hrs (Kirkenes)
- Duration: Approximately 2,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 73,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge.
- Included: Warm drink and hot dog with Norwegian lompe
- Please note:
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.