The Oslo Grand Tour is a 7-hour tour by coach and boat including all major attractions in Oslo.
The bus takes you through the city centre of Oslo to the Vigeland Sculpture Park for a short walk and from there to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump for an outside photo stop. You will visit the Viking Ship Museum* on the peninsula of Bygdøy. After that you can either visit the unique polar ship Fram in the Fram Museum or to learn more about the spectacular expeditions of Thor Heyerdahl in the Kon-Tiki Museum before boarding a boat for a 2-hour fjord sightseeing tour. The tour will allow you great views of the harbour and the green hills surrounding the city, as well as the Akershus Fortress and Oslo’s new Opera House. You will also pass through narrow sounds, idyllic bays and through a maze of islands with small summer houses. You will be able to buy refreshments on board.
*Starting from April 1 2017, the tour includes the Open-Air Folkemuseum instead of the Viking Ship Museum. The Open-Air museum is Norway’s largest museum of cultural history and one of the oldest open air museums in the world, featuring among others an iconic, world-famous stave church built in the 1200’s.
- Available: Daily from March 17 to October 15 (except May 17 and Sep 16)
- Departure: 10:30 hrs from Oslo City Hall / 10:10 hrs from DFDS Seaways ferry terminal
- Duration: 7 hours
- Guiding: Audioguide in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Norwegian. English speaking live guide for questions. English only during the boat tour
- Price 2017: EUR 76,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-16 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Guided bus tour, entrance to Viking Ship Museum (from April 1 2017 Open-Air Museum), fjord cruise. At your own choice: Fram Museum or Kon-Tiki museum