By the time you reach the jetty, the river boats will be ready and waiting to take you up the Pasvikelva, a river with a cultural history dating back thousands of years. This is the place to hear about the history of the Sámi people, the sacred Princes Boris and Gleb, St. Trifon of the Pechenga Monastery and to see the rich animal and plant life that thrives in this area. Reindeer, fish and bears make this one of the most exciting wilderness areas in Norway.
At the border we go ashore and learn a little bit more about Norway’s relationship with its neighbour to the East, Russia, before being served a hot drink and cloudberries with cream.
- Available: Daily from June 1 to October 6
- Departure: 09:30 hrs (Kirkenes)
- Duration: Approximately 2,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 134,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). This excursions is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included: Life vests, coffee/tea and cloudberries with cream