The strategic importance of the border with Russia has given the region a dramatic history. During World War II, this was the base of a German garrison, from which an offensive was launched to capture Murmansk. The journey will take you through Kirkenes – the only town in Norway where West meets East – to Storskog, the border station. Russian souvenirs will remind you of this stimulating day. At Sydvaranger, you can discover iron ore at the disused mines and a stop will be made at Prestfjellet to see the wonderful views of Kirkenes and the fjord area.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31
- Departure: 09:30 hrs (Kirkenes)
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 69,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Please note:
- Special conditions: It is not possible to cross the Russian border, but this is a photo opportunity.