Travel across the dramatic landscape of Magerøya Island to the little fishing hamlet of Gjesvær (population: 120). Here you board a boat for the journey to the nature reserve of Gjesværstappan, home to a large colony of puffins, flocks of kittiwakes, as well as guillemots, cormorants, razorbills, gannets and skuas. In the autumn, Europe’s smallest sea bird, the storm petrel, joins the throng. Unsurprisingly, the majestic sea eagle prefers to hunt here too, and if you are lucky you may see several circling high overhead.
- Available: Daily from April 6 to September 5
- Departure: 11:30 hrs (Honningsvåg)
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 150,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Please note:
- Special conditions: This tour is not suitable for persons with impaired mobility. We recommend bringing a camera and binoculars. Kindly note that it is not allowed to go ashore at the nature reserve.Types of birds vary throughout the year.