Located just half an hour outside Tromsø, Kvaløya is a beautiful site framed by mountains, sea and plains. Enjoy a guided walk through the history, flora, fauna and birdlife of the region or visit two of the country’s best known sleigh drivers, Tove Sørensen and Tore Albrigtsen, and their 150 huskies. Here you will learn the basics of dog sledding, greet 150 huskies and puppies, and watch a fascinating film of the world’s longest dog-sled race across Alaska, as experienced by Tove and Tore themselves.
Afterwards refreshments are served in a Lavvo (Sami tent).
- Available: Daily from June 5 to October 20
- Departure: 14:30 hrs (Tromsø)
- Duration: Approximately 3,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 64,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: coffee/tea and cakes
- Please note:
- Special conditions: There is no guide on the bus. Kindly note that there is no sightseeing in Tromsø as you will go straight to the Wilderness Centre after arrival.