This is a sightseeing tour by bus between Polaria and the Arctic Cathedral. The gateway to the Arctic, the island city of Tromsø, occupies an imposing position between the mountains and the sea, joined to the mainland by a splendid bridge. Experience the Arctic from the comfort of Polaria, an interactive exhibition devoted to the exploration of the icy wastes, housed in a building inspired by that landscape. At Polaria you will find an Arctic aquarium, educational displays and a panorama theatre. After the movie you will go on an Arctic “expedition” for a close-up look at natural phenomena such as Northern Lights, tundra, blizzards and Polar bears. You will also meet seals. After visiting Polaria you will cross the bridge to Tromsø’s number one attraction, the Arctic Cathedral, rising like a mountain of ice. One of its 40 metre high walls is a remarkable, triangular stained glass window.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31 (Except for Jan 1, May 17 & Dec 24-26 & 31)
- Departure: 14:45 hrs (Tromsø)
- Duration: Approximately 2,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 76,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge