This excursion reveals why Norway’s second largest glacier has been drawing tourists for over a century. South of Ørnes you will board a boat to sail through the narrow straits, past small islands and skerries, to the Svartisen Pavilion, where you can take in a fantastic view of the glacier. The journey onwards is along the beautiful coast of Helgeland. Weather permitting, we will visit one of the local fishing villages on the island Støtt. From here we continue to Bodø, home of the majestic sea eagle, and rejoin Hurtigruten.
- Available: Daily from June 4 to September 3
- Departure: 08:45 hrs (Ørnes-Bodø)
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 203,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: coffee and cakes
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The tour does not go all the way up to the glacier. Kindly note that the tour is not suitable for persons with impaired mobility.