This excursion reveals why Norway’s second largest glacier has been drawing tourists for over a century. South of Ørnes you will board a boat directly from the Hurtigruten vessel to sail through the narrow straits, past small islands and skerries, to the Svartisen Glacier. Along the way, a knowledgeable guide will tell you all about the area and its remarkable scenery. The stunning views are best enjoyed out on deck. Also, keep your camera at hand because you might spot a sea eagle. After arriving at Svartisen Tourist Centre, you can admire this enigmatic ice world while enjoying a warm drink and the Norwegian “lefse” (griddle cake) buffet. Afterwards, you continue along the beautiful coast of Helgeland to Bodø where you rejoin the ship.
- Available: Daily from June 4 to September 3
- Departure: 08:45 hrs (Ørnes-Bodø)
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 203,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Guide, transportation by boat, coffee and cakes
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The tour does not go all the way up to the glacier. Kindly note that the tour is not suitable for persons with impaired mobility.