Sightseeing tour including Nidaros Cathedral. A coach tour through this beautiful, historically important city includes a visit to the famous Nidaros Cathedral, Norway’s largest medieval church. Built on the burial site of St Olav, this is a national shrine with some sections of the building dating from the 11th century. Fire has destroyed parts of the building on at least five occasions during the centuries and the restoration, which continues to the present day, displays a range of influences. We pass the royal residence of Stiftsgården, one of Scandinavia’s largest wooden buildings, while the delightful old bridge into the city vies for attention with bridges dating from the 18th century which cross the river Nidelven.
- Available: Daily from September 3 to April 2 (except for Dec 24th)
- Departure: 08:45 hrs (Trondheim)
- Duration: Approximately 2 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 56,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Please note: Coordinated with southbound ship.
- Special conditions: Photography is not allowed inside Nidaros Cathedral.