During this combination tour you will get acquainted with the Icelandic horse before enjoying the Icelandic wild nature.
You will be driven to a horse farm close to Reykjavik where you will meet the horses. The Iceland horse is a breed that has remained virtually unchanged since the Vikings brought it to Iceland in the 9th century. You will go for a one hour ride. The ride is available for all experience levels
After the ride you will have an hour to relax and to eat before you will continue the tour. The Golden Circle Afternoon tour heads towards the National Park Þingvellir, the Icelandic parliament Alþingi- which is the oldest still-functioning parliament in the world. Furthermore, you will get to see the imposing glacial waterfall Gullfoss, the Geysir geothermal area and the Strokkur hot spring.
On your way back, you will get the chance to see the agricultural areas before going back to Reykjavík over the mountain Hellisheiði .
- Available: Daily all year (except Nov. 9-15, Nov. 24-30, Dec. 1-3 and Dec 16-24)
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 9,5 hours
- Price: EUR 190,- per person
- Child conditions: EUR 90,- per child (8-11 years). This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 8
- If a Golden Circle tour is already included in your tour and you wish to upgrade to this excursion instead, the price will be EUR 79,- per person. If the Golden Circle Afternoon tour is included in your tour and you wish to upgrade to this excursions instead, the price will be EUR 91,-per person.
- Included: Pick-up/drop-off service for hotels, round-trip transportation, guided one hour horse ride and professional tour guide