Join this exciting and unique full-day glacier hike excursion to Folgefonna glacier!
You will travel by bus from Bergen to Norheimsund where you will continue by boat to Herand. From Herand a bus will take you to Folgefonna ski center at 1,250 metres above sea leavel. This is the starting point of the glacier hike where the glacier guide team will be welcoming you. Here you will receive safety instructions.
Folgefonna is Norway’s third largest glacier which in fact consists of three glaciers covering a total of 200 square kilometres. From the top of Folgefonna you can see extensive areas of the Hardangervidda mountain plateau with Hårteigen mountain and Hardangerjøkulen glacier to the east and north. Moreover, the coastal mountains, Marstein lighthouse and the North Sea to the west can also be seen from here. During the guided five-hour hike you will have close contact with the unique natural environment, the culture and history of this beautiful area. The experienced glacier guides will make sure that you have a safe and enjoyable trip on the glacier.
After the hike the bus will be waiting at the Folgefonna ski centre and you will travel back to Bergen by bus, boat and bus.
- Available: Daily from June 26 to August 20
- Departure: 07:25 from Bergen bus station
- Duration: Approximtely 11,5 hours
- Price 2017: EUR 159,- per person
- Child conditions: EUR 116,- per child (10-16 years)
- Included: Bus and boat round trip and guided glacier hike on the Folgefonna glacier
- Please note:
- Special conditions: This excursion is not recommended for children under the age of 10
- Equipment: You must dress for a mountain hike. Use good shoes/mountain boots, rainwear/windcheater and trousers. It is also possible to borrow equipment at the centre.