Visit medieval Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, during a day trip from Helsinki.
Departure by boat from Helsinki to Tallinn in the morning for a full day tour. The first boat leaves Helsinki at 7:30, the next one at 10:30; the cruise takes 2 hours. Your return can either be at 16:30 or 19:30 except on Saturdays when the ship returns at 20:30 instead of 19:30.
The local guide will welcome you at the ferry terminal and show you around the most important sights, also outside Medieval Tallinn, such as the Song Festival grounds and the 18th century Kadriorg park and palace. After about 1,5 hours, you will be dropped off for a walking tour of the Old town area – a compact maze of cobblestone streets, historical buildings and breathtaking vistas. Since 1997 the Old town area has been on the UNESCO World Heritage list. After the tour, you will have time to explore the sights and the shops at your own leisure.
- Available: All year
- Departure: At 7:30 hrs or 10:30 hrs from Helsinki, return from Tallinn at 16:30 hrs or 19:30 hrs or 20:30 (only on Saturdays) (arrival to Helsinki 2 hours after departure).
- Duration: up to 14 hours, depending on the chosen departure time
- Languages: Guides are available in many different languages
- Price 2017:
- EUR 225,- per person if you are one person
- EUR 130,- per person if you are 2-3 persons
- EUR 95,- per person if you are 4-7 persons
- EUR 75,- per person if you are 8 persons or more.
- Included: Return cruise by Tallink Silja Star or Megastar ship and 3-hours guided tour (1,5 hours by car, the rest on foot)
- Please note: Entrances are not included in the price and must be paid on spot (if you want to do any inside visits, this is not a must)