Experience the original Húsavík Whale Watching tour that has given the town the reputation of being Iceland’s whale watching capital.
This tour is a unique opportunity to enjoy magnificent wildlife and witness whales and birds in their natural habitat on board a traditional Icelandic boat. It is an amazing adventure at sea – watching the wonders of nature in the beautiful surroundings of Skjálfandi Bay, sheltered by the stunning mountains of Vík. Hot chocolate and a traditional twisted donut are offered during the tour. You can also get warm overalls, raincoats, hats, gloves and blankets if needed.
When booking this add-on please let us know which departure you prefer
- Available: Daily from April to October
- Departure: From the harbour in Husavik at the following times:
- April 1-14: 09:45
- April 15-May 31: 09:45, 13:15
- June 1-30: 09:45, 12:00, 13:15, 16:45, 20:00
- July 1-August 20: 08:45, 09:45, 12:00, 13:15, 15:15, 16:45, 20:00
- August 21-31: 08:45, 09:45, 12:00, 13:15, 15:15, 16:45
- September 1-October 15: 09:45, 13:15
- October 16-31: 09:45
- Duration: 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2015: EUR 58,- per adult
- Child conditions: EUR 24,- for children 7-15 years. Free for children 0-6 years.
- Included: Guide, hot beverage and donut, warm clothing
- Please note:
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Whale sightings: The whale watching tours take place in wild and unpredictable nature. The chances of seeing whales are up to 98% but sightings cannot be guaranteed. No refund can be given if no whales are seen on the tour.