Enjoy “a taste of Norway” and see places that have fascinated visitors for centuries. After arriving Hjørundfjord by sea, a tender boat takes you to the tiny village Urke. From here, you go by bus through what is considered Norway’s narrowest valley, Norangsdalen. Because of its shape and location, Norangsdalen is often closed during winter. In 1908 there was a large landslide that dammed a lake named Lyngstølvatnet and submerged an ancient settlement that you can see beneath the surface of the water. We also visit the historic Hotel Union Øye, one of the most distinct hotels in all of Europe. Built in 1891, the hotel provides elegant comfort in magnificent natural surroundings and has been a favorite of European royalty, writers and lovers for generations. Enjoy local specialties and a drink here before you return to Urke and visit the local grocer or a pub. A great experience in the midst of majestic scenery is guaranteed. Return to the ship by tender boat.
- Available: Daily from September 2 to November 1
- Departure: 12:00 hrs Urke (Hjørundfjord)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 86,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Taste of local specialities
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Landing is by tender boat. Getting on and off the craft may be difficult for people with impaired mobility.