We arrive in Hjørundfjord by sea. Today, we will get “a taste of Norway” on a 2-hour long sightseeing tour by bus and boat and see places that have fascinated visitors for centuries.
Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany visited this area several times. We anchor outside the village Urke, where a tender boat takes us to shore. We continue by bus through what is often referred to as “Norway’s narrowest valley” – Norangsdalen. Because of its shape and location, this valley is often closed in winter. Along the way we will stop and look at some spectacular places. One of them is Lyngstøl Lake. Here you can see sites of ancient settlements in the water that was naturally dammed in 1908 after a large landslide, a fascinating sight.
We will also visit the historic Hotel Union Øye, which has played an important role in Norwegian history. Here we will provide you with local specialties and a drink. Next, we go to the community Urke which can offer local history in various forms. We guarantee a different experience in magnificent scenery. After the excursion you will return to the ship by tender boat.
- Available: Daily from September 2 to November 1
- Departure: 12:00 hrs Urke (Hjørundfjord)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 86,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Taste of local specialities
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Landing is by tender boat. Getting on and off the craft may be difficult for people with impaired mobility.