Join a whale watching tour from Reykjavik, and experience the friendly giants up close in their natural environment. Depending on the season, you will be able to spot minke and humpback whales, harbour porpoises and white-beaked dolphins. The guide will supply interesting information about the different kinds of whales, and happily answer all your questions.
You can choose between two types of tours:
Whale Watching Express on the fast boat Rosin which will get you to the whale watching grounds in only 20-30 minutes. Built especially for whale watching with a high cruising speed, great fun for the adventurous. (May to August)
Whale Watching Andrea on board the biggest whale watching boat in Iceland. Fantastic inside and outside areas with plenty of space, café and souvenir shop. This tour has an educational focus. (All year)
Please state the date and departure time you wish to book when sending your add-on request.
- Available: Daily all year
- Departure: From the old harbour in central Reykjavik at the following times:
- January – February: 13:00
- March – April: 9:00, 13:00
- May 1-14: 9:00, 10:00*, 13:00, 14:00*
- May 15 – June 14: 9:00, 10:00*, 13:00, 14:00*, 17:00
- June 15 – July 31: 9:00, 10:00*, 13:00, 14:00*, 17:00, 21:00*
- August 1 – September 15: 9:00, 10:00*, 13:00, 14:00*, 17:00
- September 16-30: 9:00, 10:00*, 13:00, 14:00*
- October: 9:00, 13:00
- November – December: 13:00
- Duration: 3-3,5 hours / 2-2,5 hours for the departures marked with a * (express tours)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 61,- per adult
- Child condition: 50% discount (7-15 years). Children under the age of 7 free of charge
- Included: Guided whale watching tour by boat, warm overalls
- Please note: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.