Travel along the Fjærlandsfjord on board the motor vessel ”Fjord Lord” and experience one of the most beautiful fjord arms in Norway. Steep forest-clad mountainsides surround the narrow Fjærlandsfjord, which takes you in to the Jostedalsbreen glacier. Along the fjord, the old hamlets and farms are reminders of the struggle for existence in former times.
The village of Fjærland is at the innermost point of the fjord. From here you will continue by bus to the Norwegian Glacier Museum where you can learn more about glaciers; the aim of the Norwegian Glacier Museum is to collect, create and communicate knowledge about snow, ice and glaciers. What is a glacier? How were the fjords formed? The museum has the answer to these and many other questions. With the help of advanced film techniques, interactive models and your own experiments with ice, you can experience the interaction of natural forces.
In addition to visiting the museum you will go by bus to the Bøyabreen glaciers, which is part of the Jostedalsbreen glacier. Please note that it is not possible to walk on the glaciers during this excursion.
Return to Balestrand by ferry.
- Available: Daily from June 1 to August 31
- Departure: 12:00 hrs
- Duration: Approximately 5 hours (12:00- 16:50 hrs)
- Price 2017: EUR 88,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50 % discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Please note: This is a non-escorted excursion. This excursion corresponds with the express boat to Bergen at 16:55 hrs. The hotel will bring your luggage to the pier in time for your connecting boat