Join a snowmobile safari in remote, inland valleys and mountain areas with a skillful guide.
When arrived at the wilderness center of camp Tamok, you will be provided with warm clothes and shoes. The adventure begins with a safety instruction and a practical demonstration.
You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger, with an opportunity to switch half way. With your snowmobile, you will drive through the in snow-covered Finn Valley and watch the majestic mountains. If you are lucky, you might even spot the Northern Lights. The tour will start 250 meters above sea level and you will climb up to 900 meters! The trail has 30 kilometers and you will be on the snowmobile for approximately 2-2,5 hours.
The trip will end with a hot meal and coffee at the bonfire in a warmed dining Lavvu (Sami tent).
- Available: Daily from December 1 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 17:00 hrs from the Scandic Ishavshotell /city centre
- Duration: 7 hours (including 75 minutes transfer each way)
- Guiding: English
- Price: EUR 219,- per adult / 2 persons per snowmobile
- Additional cost: EUR 83,- per adult / 1 person per snowmobile
- Child conditions: 50% discount (7-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transportation, a warm meal, special clothing and helmets
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Driver’s license is required to drive the snowmobile. The tour is somewhat physically demanding.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (depending on solar activity and a clear sky). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.