This excursion will take you to the majestic Lyngen, where you will enjoy a longer dog sledding excursion (2-3 hours) in inland valleys between towering mountains.
Say hello to a bunch of friendly huskies that are ready for action. The dog sledding winter adventure starts with learning some instructions how to drive a dog sledding team. Then you drive your own dog sled by yourself into the white landscapes, through the beautiful Vass Valley. The trails you follow have a total distance of approximately 15 km. The area where you lead is totally uninhabited, the speed of the dogs and the spectacular landscape will impress you. You will drive in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each sled, with opportunity to switch places half way. At the end of your trip you will return to Camp Tamok. There you will be served with a hot meal in a Sami tent. A transfer to Scandic Ishavshotel will end this trip.
You will have the opportunity to experience the Northern Lights. Please note however that northern lights observations are never guaranteed.
- Available: Daily from November 15 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 17:00 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotell/city centre
- Duration: 7 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included: Transport, a warm meal and clothing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Normal physical condition is needed.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed (depending on solar activity and a clear sky). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the Northern Lights.