Ice climbing is considered as one of the most exciting forms of climbing. During this excursion you’ll try ice climbing on the frozen waterfalls of Abisko National Park.
With ice axes and crampons as your only tools and with a professional guide by your side, you reach new heights on the stimulating, vertical icefall. First you get acquainted with the equipment on “flat land” then, with firm steps, go down a winding path surrounded by steep rock walls. On reaching the shimmering blue ice in Abisko canyon (Abiskokanjonen) you will start to climb. The icefall is 12 meters high: ideal both for curious beginners and experienced climbers. Feel the community spirit as well as security and the joy that grows throughout this intense activity.
- Available: On Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays from November 29 to March 30
- Departure: 10:00 hrs from the entrance of your hotel in Abisko
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 87,- per adult
- Child conditions: EUR 41,- per child (12-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 12
- Included: Guide and equipment for ice climbing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Maximum 6 participants per tour
- Weather conditions: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions