Join an unforgettable trip, King Crab safari in the area around North Cape. Here you get to meet the infamous King Crab, and you even get to taste it…
The RIB boat will take you to Sarnesfjorden where you will stop to check what’s inside the traps down in the deep. The King Crab can measure up to 2 meters between its claws, and weigh as much as 10 kilos. However, most likely you will catch “small” crabs at 3 to 7 kilos.
The trip continues to a lavvo camp where you will go ashore and prepare the catch of the day. The King Crab is not exactly pretty, but the taste is delicious.
- Available: Daily from May 20 to September 30
- Departure: 12:00 hrs from Holmen 6c, Honningsvåg
- Duration: 3,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016: EUR 167,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (under the age of 12)
- Included: Clothing and safety equipment