Join an evening snowmobile safari with the possibility to see the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
The approximately 20 kilometers tour takes you to the top of Olostunturi fjell, where you will enjoy some warm drinks and feel how the sky is coming closer and stars much brighter. You can either drive your own snowmobile or enjoy the ride in the guide’s sled.
- Available 2017: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from January 3 to April 23
- Available 2018: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays from January 7 to April 21
- Departure: 21:00 hrs from Hotel Harriniva
- Duration: 2 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 100,- per adult / 2 persons sharing 1 snowmobile
- Price 2018: EUR 110,- per adult / 2 persons sharing 1 snowmobile
- Additional cost: EUR 35,- per adult / 1 person per snowmobile
- Child conditions: 40% discount (5-12 years) This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Included: Warm drinks and clothing (thermo overall, mittens, socks, boots, hat and helmet)
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 15 years old with a valid driving license. Minimum 4 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed (depending on solar activity and a clear sky). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the Northern Lights.