When you visit Jukkasjärvi, you also visit Sápmi – the Sámi people’s own name of their land.
Your guide will pick you up at the Ice Hotel and together you will travel to a Sami reindeer farm. Here you will learn about the Sami people’s customs and the practical importance about reindeer throughout the various seasons. You can try to drive a reindeer sled and hand-feed the curious reindeer. In a traditional Sami hut you will drink coffee and taste suovas, the Sámi national dish, served around the open fire.
- Available 2016/2017: Daily December 5 to April 17 (except December 24)
- Available 2017/2018: Daily November 6 to April 8 (except December 24)
- Departure: 14:00 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 273,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 283,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (3-12 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 3
- Included: Transfer, coffee, suova and warm clothing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.