On this tour, you take a look into the history of the Sami people. You will get to know the Sami culture, taste their food and meet the reindeer.
Your guide will pick you up at the Ice Hotel and together you will travel to a Sami reindeer farm. Here you will learn about the Sami people’s customs and the practical importance about reindeer throughout the various seasons. You can try to drive a reindeer sled and hand-feed the curious calves of the reindeers. In a traditional Sami hut, you will get some coffee and taste the sami’s national dish – souvas, served around the open fire.
- Available: Daily November 6 to April 8 (except December 24)
- Nov 6 to Jan 7 – Daily from 09:00 hours or 14:00 hours from the Ice Hotel
- Jan 8 to Apr 8 – Daily from 14:00 hours from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018:
- Nov 11 – Dec 10: EUR 220,- per adult
- Dec 11 – Jan 7: EUR 253,- per adult
- Jan 8 – Feb 9: EUR 220,- per adult
- Feb 10 – Feb 28: EUR 253,- per adult
- Mar 1 – Apr 8: EUR 220,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% discount (0-12 years)
- Included: Transfer, coffee, suova and warm clothing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.