Join this exciting 2-day adventure and learn how to drive your own team of sled dogs!
The tour will start at the dog farm. Here you will get an introduction on how to drive your own team, after which you will drive into the stunning frozen and by snow covered winter landscapes.
After a few hours of driving, you will arrive at the wilderness camp. Here you will spend the night in a charming and rustic cabin (shared accommodation), with access to the sauna before dinner is served.
At night, you can observe the starry skies or even spot the Northern Lights dancing through the sky.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 15
- Departure: 15.30 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: 19 hrs – 11:00 hrs next day
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 683,- per adult
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% reduction per child (0-12 years old)
- Included: Transfer from and to the Ice Hotel, training how to drive your own team of huskies, sauna, dinner, breakfast, snacks and overnight stay in camp with sleeping bag sheets, sleeping bag, and a towel for the sauna
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum age to drive your own dog sled is 12 years old. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that Northern Lights observations are never guaranteed (depending on solar activity and a clear sky). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the Northern Lights.