Get an insight in a musher’s everyday life with this exciting excursion into the remote wilderness! You can choose to drive your own team of dogs, or join as a passenger and assist with unharnessing the dogs after the tour.
This trip will take you into the winter landscapes to a wilderness camp. At the wilderness camp, a traditional lunch will be served, while the dogs take some rest. After the break, you will drive back to the dog farm, where you will help unharness the dogs and have some time to cuddle them before leaving for the Ice Hotel. There are experienced guides who will answer all your questions about dogs, equipment, expeditions and competitions.
Should you wish to drive your own team of huskies, please inform us when booking the excursion
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 15
- Departure: 11.15 hours from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018:
- EUR 333,- per adult / as a passenger
- EUR 439,- per adult / as a driver
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 166,- per child (0-12 years).
- Included: Transfers, lunch and approximately 3 hours dog sledding
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The age for driving your own sled is minimum 12 years. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.