Get an insight in a musher’s everyday life with this exciting excursion into the isolated wilderness! You can choose to drive your own team of dogs, or join as a passenger and assist with unharnessing the dogs after the tour.
The trip will take you across snow clad winter landscapes to a wilderness camp. While the dogs rest you will be served with a traditional lunch at the wilderness camp. After lunch you will visit the dog kennel to get more acquainted with the dogs. There are experienced guides who will answer all your questions about dogs, equipment, expeditions and competitions.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 10
- Departure: 11.15 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017:
- EUR 340,- per adult / as a passenger
- EUR 449,- per adult / as a driver
- Price 2017/2018:
- EUR 333,- per adult / as a passenger
- EUR 439,- per adult / as a driver
- Child conditions: 50% discount (2-12 years old) only as a passenger. This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 2. Children from 2 years can be brought along but it is not recommended when it is very cold. Parents have to sit in the sled together with their children and hold them during the tour
- Included: Transfers, lunch and approximately 3 hours dog sledding
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.