In Jukkasjärvi and its surroundings there are more dogs than people. On this tour you will travel in a comfortable sled pulled by friendly huskies through magical winter landscape of snow-clad forests and frozen lakes. During this educational tour you can learn more about dog sledding culture and here all your questions will be answered.
You will make a short stop for coffee and cake over a campfire. On this tour it is not possible to drive your own team of huskies.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 10
- Departure: 09:30 hrs and 13:00 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 1,5 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 166,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% reduction per child (2-12 years old). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 2. Children from 2 years can be brought along but it is not recommended when it is very cold. Parents have to sit in the sled together with their children and hold them during the tour
- Included: Dog sledding, coffee and cake
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.