Transfer from Tromsø city to Tromsø Wilderness Centre, located on Kvaløya Island. Here you will explore the North-Norwegian spectacular winter landscape on a trekking trip on your own. Along with snowshoes you will be provided with a map over the area and suggested routes.
During the trip you will see the fjords that surround Tromsø and you might have a closer look at some of the North-Norwegian wildlife.
Back at the wilderness centre you will be served a Sami meal followed by hot coffee and homemade cake, served around an open fire in a traditional Sami tent.
- Available 2016/2017: Daily from November 1 to April 30
- Available 2017/2018: Daily from December 26 to March 20
- Departure 2016/2017: 09:45 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Departure 2017/2018: 11:00-14:00 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration 2016/2017: 4 hours (1 hour 45 min trekking), including 30 minutes transfer each way
- Duration 2017/2018: 3 hours (2 hour 30 min trekking), including 30 minutes transfer each way
- Guiding 2016/2017: No guide
- Guiding 2017/2018: Guiding
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 111,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 118,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-12 years) This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included 2016/2017: Snowshoes and warm outdoor clothing as well as a hot Sami meal and transfer
- Included 2017/2018: Snowshoes and warm outdoor clothing and transfer
- Please note:
- Special condition: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions