This 4-hour King Crab Safari offers a unique experience of getting up close to the fascinating king crabs that inhabit the Northern Norwegian coast.
You will be picked up at your hotel for the transfer to a fjord near Kirkenes and transported on a sledge which will be pulled behind the guide’s snowmobile. Help the guide to saw the hole in the ice and bring up the catch; some of the largest and freshest king crabs in the world. You can of course pose with them for a photo before heading to an authentic fisherman’s cabin. Here the freshly caught king crabs will be prepared by your guide and served with bread by a cozy log fire. The superb, white meat of the legs and claws is particularly juicy and has a natural sweet taste.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 20
- Departure: 09:30, 13:00 and 17:00 hrs from your hotel in Kirkenes
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 213,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 245,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (7-11 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transportation, guide, warm overall, helmet and king crab lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 persons. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.