Celebrate Christmas at the SnowHotel!
Enjoy a traditional Christmas dinner, sing Christmas songs and meet Santa Claus!
The magnificent SnowHotel with the reindeer outside will contribute to make this evening special. Kirkenes SnowHotel is entirely constructed from snow and ice each year; it opened in December 2006 for the first time.
At 17:00 you will be picked up at your “conventional” hotel in Kirkenes and transfered by minibus to the SnowHotel, located in Gabba Reindeer Park, just outside the centre of Kirkenes. Upon entering the gates of the SnowHotel, at the sculptured SnowBar you will receive a welcome drink made from berries collected from surrounding hills. Thereafter, you will visit the surreal SnowHotel, where you will get the opportunity to see the SnowSuites and beautiful ice sculptures and snow art designed by local and international artists. You will also meet the friendly reindeers. After admiring the SnowHotel, a local delicious Christmas dinner will be served by the fireplace at the Gabba Restaurant, located just opposite the SnowHotel.
Staying overnight at the Kirkenes SnowHotel on December 24 is an option which will surely offer you an experience out of the ordinary.
- Available: December 24 2017
- Departure: 17:00 hrs from Scandic Hotel Kirkenes or Thon Hotel Kirkenes
- Duration: 5 hours
- Price 2017: EUR 185,- per person for program without overnight stay
- Child conditions: 50% discount (up to 11 years old)
- Included: Transportation, guide, welcome drink and dinner
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone, you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. This activity needs to be booked by November 24.