This overnight excursion is perfect for you if you want to get a taste of the arctic night, and to have the opportunity to experience the Northern Lights, far away from the lights of the city. Stay outside as long as you like to look for the Northern Lights before you go to sleep in a big common Sami tent (lavvu); spending the night as the Sami people have done for generations. Sleep comfortable on reindeer skins in sleeping bags (fire place in the middle of the tent).
In the evening you will be served a traditional Sami meal in the lavvu (¨"Bacalao"). The service building will be open during the night; here are toilet facilities and changing rooms. In case of emergency, guides will be available during the night in the service building.
After breakfast the next day you will go on a dog sledding excursion. If the conditions allow it you can drive your own team or can ride on a sledge covered with warm reindeer skins and be driven by an expert guide.
Should you wish to drive your own team please note that you must inform us in advance.
After the dog sledding you will enjoy a warm lunch (“Bidos”, Reindeer meat with vegetables) in the lavvo before your transfer back to Tromsø.
- Available: Daily from November 01 to April 25
- Departure: 18:15 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration: 19 hours including 30-minute transfer each way
- Guiding: English
- Price: EUR 337,- per adult
- Child conditions: EUR 109,- for children aged 4 to 12 years. Children aged under 4 are free
- Additional costs:
- Private Sami tent: EUR 237,- per tent (up to 4 people per tent)
- Included: Transport, warm clothes (overalls, boots), tent, equipment, dinner, breakfast and lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. In case dog sledding is already included in your tour, please ask us for a quote if you would like to include the winter camping and dog sledding instead. If the weather/snow conditions are bad, you may have to sit in the sled driven by one of the guides. The price for riding and driving the sled is the same
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.