During this dog sledding excursion, you will enjoy the arctic coastal nature with a fantastic view over Tromsø, surrounded with white covered mountains and long fjords.
If the conditions allow, you can drive your own team or can ride on a sledge covered with warm reindeer skins and be driven by an expert guide. Should you wish to drive your own team of huskies, please inform us when booking the excursion (early booking is highly recommended).
After the dog sledding you will return to the ranch where you will meet the puppies. You will be served “Bidos” (a sami meal with reindeer meat with vegetables) followed by hot coffee and homemade cake, served in a traditional sami tent.
- Available: Daily November 01 to April 30
- Departure: 09:45 from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration: 4 hours, including 30 minutes transfer each way and approximately 1 hour dog-sledding
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017:
- March 03 – March 20: EUR 190,- per adult
- March 21 – April 30: EUR 179,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-12 years) Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Transport, warm clothes (overalls, boots) and a hot meal.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. If the weather/snow conditions are bad, you may have to sit in the sled driven by one of the guides. The price for riding and driving the sled is the same.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.