Experience dog sledding in ideal terrain on the Kvaløya Island. Located away from the lights of the city you will have the opportunity to experience the Northern Lights. Please note however that northern lights observations are never guaranteed.
If the conditions allow it you can drive your own team or can ride on a sledge covered with warm reindeer skins and be driven by an expert guide. Should you wish to drive your own team please note that you must inform us in advance (early booking is highly recommended).
After one hour of dog sledding you will return to the ranch where you will have the opportunity to visit the puppies. Inside a traditional Sami Tent (lavvo) you will be served Stock fish prepared with tomato sauce with coffee and cake for dessert.
- Available 2016/2017: Daily from November 01 to March 27 (except for December 24)
- Available 2017/2018: Daily from November 01 to March 25 (except for December 24)
- Departure: 18:15 hrs from the Radisson Blu Hotel
- Duration: 4 hours, including 30 minutes transfer each way and approximately 1 hour dog-sledding
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017:
- March 03 – March 20: EUR 190,- per adult
- March 21 – March 27: EUR 179,- per adult
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-12 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Transport, warm clothes (overalls, boots) and dinner
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. If the weather/snow conditions are bad, you may have to sit in the sled driven by one of the guides. The price for riding and driving the sled is the same.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights: Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.