This excursion will take you to the majestic Lyngen, where you will enjoy a longer dog sledding excursion in inland valleys between towering mountains.
Greet a bunch of happy and friendly huskies, who are ready for some action. The dog sledding winter adventure starts with some instructions on how to drive a dog sledding team.
You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger, on each sled, with an opportunity to switch places half way. You will drive the sled through the white Norwegian landscapes and the beautiful Vass Valley surrounded by majestic mountains.
The trails that you follow are approximately 10-12 kilometers and you will sled for about 1,5-2 hours.
At the end of your sledding trip, you will return to Camp Tamok. There you will be served a hot meal and coffee in the dining lavvu (Sami tent), after which you will have a transfer back to Tromsø.
- Available: Daily from November 15 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotell/city centre
- Duration: 7 hours (transportation of 75 minutes each way)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-15 years) This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included: Transport, hot meal and warm clothing
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Normal physical condition is needed to participate on the excursion.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.