Join a snowmobile safari in remote, inland valleys and mountain areas with a skillful guide.
The guide will start with a short safety introduction before your trip. The starting point is at 250 m above sea level and your guide will bring you up to 875m. The trail has a distance of 15 km each way. You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each snowmobile, with opportunity to switch places half way. Due to the dramatic topography reduced speed is held during parts of the tour. On flat land and frozen lakes you can speed up. If the time and weather permit, you can try out ice fishing on the lake. At the end of your trip a hot meal will be served in a Sami tent. Duration of the snowmobile trip is 2,5 – 3 hours.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from the Scandic Ishavshotell /city centre
- Duration: 7 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2016/2017: EUR 208,- per adult / 2 persons per snowmobile
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 219,- per adult / 2 persons per snowmobile
- Additional cost 2016/2017: EUR 73,- per adult / 1 person per snowmobile
- Additional cost 2017/2018: EUR 83,- per adult / 1 person per snowmobile
- Child conditions: 50% discount (7-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transport, special clothing, helmets and a warm meal
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. Driver’s license is required to drive the snowmobile. The tour is somewhat physically demanding.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.