This excursion will take you to the majestic Lyngen, where beautiful fjords meet alpine mountains.
In this area Norwegian Sami and Kven people have lived together for hundreds of years. Specially trained reindeer await your arrival at this scenic wilderness, ready to take you on a sledge ride. Reindeer sledding is the oldest form of transportation in the north, and an ancient part of the Sami culture. You will be driving in pairs, with one sled for each reindeer. People all ages can participate on this adventure. During the excursion you will hear folk tales and learn about Sami culture, history and food. You will get an introduction to traditional Sami handicraft and have the opportunity to try your hand a lasso casting. At the end of this excursion you will be served with a hot meal.
- Available: Daily from November 15 to March 31 (except December 24 and 25)
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from Scandic Ishavshotel /city centre
- Duration: 7 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 207,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (4-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 4
- Included: Transportation, special clothing and a warm meal
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.