From Honningsvåg we travel by coach through the Arctic scenery of the island of Magerøya, which provides summer grazing for over 4,000 reindeer, to the North Cape Plateau. At 307 metres above sea level the views are unforgettable. Early travellers had to climb the cliff paths, helped by local sailors, and their names can still be seen scratched into the rock. Today every comfort is provided. In the North Cape Hall perched on top and carved into the side of the cliff, Ivo Caprino’s widescreen film portrays the North Cape above and below the waves. There is time to explore the North Cape tunnel, lined with scenes of the area’s historic past, and the lovely chapel, which leads to the café/bar and viewing platform. There is a souvenir shop, a small museum commemorating the visit of a king of Thailand, a café and a post office where postcards are franked with a unique North Cape stamp.
- Available: Daily from January 1 to December 31
- Departure: 11:30 hrs (Honningsvåg)
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017: EUR 144,- per adult (Price for January 1: EUR 200,- per adult, Departure 12:30 hrs)
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge