You prefer a cosy and warm place for the night but are still seeking a unique Arctic overnight experience? Then the Olokolo nests are the perfect choice for you!
The Olokolo nests, located in the SnowCastle area, are a convenient way to stay overnight in Arctic circumstances. The Olokolos with their transparent roof allow you to watch the sky above; if you are lucky, you might see the Northern Lights, directly from your comfortable bed without having to get up and be outside in the cold. You will sleep on a bed made up with a lamb skin cover and a sleeping bag. In addition, the Olokolos are equipped with a heater. The Olokolo suites are bigger than the standard Olokolos.
The Olokolos, together with the SnowHotel, SnowRestaurant and SnowChapel, are part of the SnowCastle built each year in the city of Kemi, within walking distance from the central hotels and railway station. All services of the SnowHotel are available for Olokolo guests during their stay. You can sit about leisurely in the warm SnowCastle main building in the evening and if needed also at night-time. There are toilets, showers and locker rooms separately for men and women in the main building which is open 24 hours. The café in the main building sells snacks and beverages. To complete this exotic overnight-experience, you have the chance to make reservations for a dinner at ice-tables in the SnowRestaurant (pre-booking required).
You can use the luggage room in the CastleLounge. We recommend that you take only the most necessary personal things / equipment with you into your Olokolo.
Breakfast is included and served in the warm SnowCastle Lounge in the main building from 07:00 to 09:00 hrs.
- Available: Daily from January 1 until April 9 2017 (earlier dates upon request)
- Check in/out: Check in possible from 10 am but Olokolos are first available at 9 pm. Check out before 9 am.
- Price 2017:
- Olokolo: EUR 160,- per person in a double room / EUR 50,- single room supplement
- Olokolo Suite: EUR 185,- per person in a double room / EUR 50,- single room supplement
- Child conditions: 40% discount (4-11 years).
- Included: Overnight in an Olokolo, breakfast in the warm restaurant, entrance fee to the SnowCastle
- Please note:
- Clothing: Proper winter clothing is needed, also during the meal if you choose to book dinner in the SnowRestaurant. Instructions on sleeping in the Olokolos will be given on site.
- Transfer: Transfer is not included to the SnowCastle area. It is possible to walk (about 1,5 km) but in winter and with luggage, we recommend asking your hotel to book a taxi for you.