This 6-hour guided coach tour includes some of Iceland’s nature highlights and covers about 300 km, looping from Reykjavik into central Iceland and back. The Golden Circle includes the ‘Big Three’ – Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs and Þingvellir National Park. The tour starts with a drive inland to Þingvellir National Park where you will experience one of the most outstanding landscapes in the country. The area is surrounded by mountains and encompasses a vast lava plain of green moss and wild flowers. Þingvellir is also where the world’s oldest parliament was founded in the year 930. In 2004 the site of Þingvellir was inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List. From the national park the journey continues to Gullfoss, the ‘Golden Waterfall’, which is the most famous of the country’s many waterfalls and to Geysir geothermal area, with many bubbling hot springs and spouting geysers.
- Available: Daily all year (except for Dec. 24)
- Departure: 12:30 hrs from your hotel
- Duration: 6 hours
- Guiding: English speaking guide
- Price: EUR 74,- per person
- Child conditions: 50% discount (12-17 years). Children under the age of 12 free of charge
- Included: Pick up from hotels in Reykjavik and guided coach tour