You will be picked up in the Alta, after which the guide brings you to Sorrisniva. Before the safari starts you will receive the necessary equipment and an introduction about how to drive your snowmobile and what the driving rules are.
After the instructions, you will head out into the wilderness. The first part of the trail is on the road, after which you will head for the second part of the trail. The second part of the trail will go through one of Europe’s last wilderness areas, the Finn mark plateau. In the sun and the arctic light, you will drive through a forest and valley covered in snow.
The trails together are approximately 30-35 kilometers, so you will drive almost 2,5 hours by snowmobile. Normally you drive in pairs, but there is also an opportunity to drive the snowmobile yourself. Please let us know, if you wish to drive your own snowmobile.
After the tour, you will have the chance to visit the Igloo Hotel for 1,5 hours. The Igloo Hotel is made of ice each year, with a unique theme designed by local ice and snow artists.
- Available: Daily from December 19 to April 15
- Departure: 10:30 hrs from Scandic Hotel Alta
- Duration: 2,5 hours (4 hours if you wish to visit the Igloo Hotel)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 230,- per adult / 2 persons per snowmobile
- Additional costs 2017/2018: EUR 24,- per adult / 1 person per snowmobile
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 112,- (5-12 year). This excursion is not suitable for children younger than 5.
- Included: Transfers from/to Alta center, warm clothes (thermal suit, helmet, boots and gloves), entrance to Igloo Hotel
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Drivers must hold a valid driving license (car or motorcycle). Driver must sign a liability of participants during activities, Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The trip is easy to medium easy physically demanding.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.