With this tour, you will get to know Alta’s most popular and important activity, dogsledding. You will be picked up from your hotel in Alta, and transferred to the dog farm. There you will receive warm clothes. When dressed up, you will meet the guides and your dog-team. Before going for a ride, you get an instruction on how to handle the sled.
You will be driving in pairs, with one driver and one that sits in the back, and can change positions halfway. Please let us know if you want to be a passenger, and this can be arranged.
During the dim arctic afternoon twilight, you will drive into the forest along the riverbanks of the Alta river. Enjoy the nature and the silence of the forest, while driving with the dogs. You might even spot a moose or other wildlife along the way!
When returned at the farm, you will be served a hot drink in the Lavvo (a traditional sami tent). The guide is happy to answer all your questions, to talk about racing dogs and life on the husky farm. To end this day, you will have some extra time to greet the huskies and take pictures with them.
- Available: Daily from December 1 to April 30
- Departure: 16:00 hrs from Alta city centre (pick up from the Igloo Hotel upon request)
- Duration: 2,5 hours (1 hour dogsledding)
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 171,- per adult / 2 persons per dog sled
- Child conditions 2017/2018: EUR 74,- per child up to 12 years.
- Included: Warm clothing, coffee/hot juice, cookies and transfers from/to Alta Center.
- Please note:
- Special conditions: The dog sledding tour is easy to medium physically demanding. Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating.
- Weather dependent:All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.
- Northern Lights:Kindly note that northern lights observations are never guaranteed (weather dependent; it must be dark and the sky must be clear). No refund can be made for activities booked if you do not see the northern lights.