In the excursion “Sami Autumn” you will be taken by bus from Kjøllefjord to a Sámi village to learn about the arctic nature’s ‘pantry and pharmacy’. For the Sámi people, the Autumn has always been a labour- intensive time; food stocks had to be filled up before the winter came. During this excursion you will sample dried reindeer meat, juice of crowberry, herbal tea (nettle) and roseroot mixture while hearing stories about Noaidi, the Sámi shaman. The Sámi shaman had valuable knowledge about the possibilities nature provided in relation to the prevention and cure of diseases. Arctic nature is surprisingly abundant in herbs and berries. After this trip the bus will bring you back to the ship in Mehamn.
- Available: Daily September 6 – November 5
- Departure: 17:15 hrs (Kjølleford – Mehamn)
- Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Guiding: English guaranteed
- Price 2017: EUR 76,- per adult
- Child conditions: 25% discount (4-15 years). Children under the age of 4 free of charge
- Included: Taste of local specialties
- Please note:
- We recommend good shoes and warm clothing.