On this tour, you will learn how to handle and drive your own reindeer with a sled. You will get to know the Sami culture and how they used reindeers as a traditional transport mode during the winter.
Every guest will drive their own reindeer with sled. You will be driving for about 1,5-2 hours, which depends on the weather conditions. With the reindeer, you go through the arctic landscape and the wintry forests. Back at the Sautosjohka reindeer camp all guests will help to take off the harnesses from the reindeer and lead them back to the enclosure.
After the tour, you will be served an original Sami lunch in a Sami tent, near the bonfire. After lunch, you will have a transfer back to Ice Hotel.
- Available: From January 8 to April 8 on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from the Ice Hotel
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2018: EUR 333,- per adult
- Child conditions 2018: EUR 233,- per child (8-15 years). This excursion is not suitable for children under the age of 8
- Included: Transfer and a traditional Sámi lunch
- Please note:
- Special conditions: Minimum 2 participants. If travelling alone you can still book this add-on as there might be other travelers participating. The minimum age for driving your own reindeer sled is 16.
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.