Snowshoe hiking is an excellent way of experiencing the winter landscape in Abisko National Park. You are sure to have a fabulously different experience. On snowshoes you move easily over snow. Snowshoeing equipment is easy to use and, as soon as you have put your snowshoes on, you are off. You will tread lightly across snow covered ground towards an opening glade in a birch wood forest. Suddenly mountain scenery becomes visible from a completely new perspective: a long valley framed by beautiful mountain tops, clothed in white. Continuing onwards you will change direction to follow the tracks of wild animals in the park. After you have enjoyed a light snack and a hot beverage (a classic Swedish “fika”) you make your way back to the station. You will walk a distance of approximately 3 km.
- Available: On Wednesdays and Sundays from December 3 to March 28
- Departure: 10:00 hrs at the entrance of your hotel in Abisko
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Guiding: English
- Price 2017/2018: EUR 71,- per adult
- Child conditions: 50% discount (6-15 years). This activity is not suitable for children under the age of 6
- Included: Guide, equipment, warm beverage
- Please note: We recommend that you bring warm winter clothes and a snack
- Weather dependent: All outdoor activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled or replaced by more suitable alternatives should the conditions not permit to run the tour as planned. A full refund will be made for activities cancelled by the supplier due to weather conditions.