Enjoy a full day Spitsbergen adventure including dog sledding, ice caving and the magnificent arctic nature!
The guide will meet you at the reception of the hotel and provide you with all the necessary equipment for the trip. Afterward a 10-minute transfer by car will take you to the Trappers’ station in Bolterdalen, where the dog yard is located. Here you will meet the 90 happy Alaskan huskies that eagerly wait to take you on a trip. You will learn the basis of dog sledding. You will help to harness your own dogs and prepare your dog team (two persons will share one team of huskies).
The dog sledding trip is about 20 km and will take you through Bolterdalen Valley towards the Scott Turner Glacier, with possibility to see reindeer, ptarmigan and polar fox along the route. Once you reach the ice cave you will get headlamps to explore the cave and it’s beautiful formations of ice and snow. Lunch will be served by the ice cave, before you will return to the Trappers’s station.
Take always special consideration of the wind and the weather in Spitsbergen and take a bag with extra clothes for the cold days.
- Duration: 7 hours, including transfer and instructions.
- Departure: 09:00 hrs from hotel reception.
- Available: Daily from February to June
- Guiding: English guaranteed
- Price: EUR 253,-
- Child conditions: EUR 145,- for children under the age of 12
- Included: Expedition lunch, return transfer, warm clothes to include thermo overall, winter shoes, balaclava, hat, goggles, headlamp and helmet.
- Please note: A normal good physical condition is necessary. Previous experience with dog sledding is not required.