As an alternative to ending the Northern Highlights tour in Helsinki on day 12, we recommend adding on an extension tour to St. Petersburg (only available in combination with the escorted coach tour Northern Highlights starting in Oslo in on July 24):
Day 12: Travel by train to St. Petersburg
Early breakfast followed by transfer by coach from your hotel in Helsinki to the railway station. At 10 am you will depart on the train “Allegro” for St. Petersburg. A lunch box will be provided during the train ride. Coach transfer from the railway station to your hotel upon arrival in St. Petersburg the afternoon, combined with a 1-hour guided boat cruise along the Neva River and visit at St. Isaac’s Cathedral. Welcome dinner including a beverage, and accommodation at Ambassador Baltic Club Hotel, a four star hotel located in the city centre, near the famous Mariinsky Theatre.
Day 13: St. Petersburg
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. This day begins with a transfer to the Neva River cruise harbour for a cruise by hydrofoil to Peterhof, including the Grand Palace and lower parks with fountains. Lunch at a local restaurant is included. After lunch, the guide will take you on a tour of the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum and the State Rooms of the Winter Palace. Return to the hotel. Dinner and accommodation at Ambassador Hotel.
Day 14: St. Petersburg
Buffet breakfast at the hotel, followed followed by transfer to the town of Pushkin and a visit to Catherine’s Palace including the famous Amber room. Lunch at a local restaurant followed by a 3-hour panoramic tour of the city by coach with a local English speaking guide. St. Petersburg is a city of outstanding architectural beauty, famous for its magnificent palaces, cathedrals, fountains and bridges. A visit will be paid to Peter & Paul Fortress. Return to St. Petersburg. This evening you will be taken to see a colourful Russian folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace, with snacks during the intermission. Dinner at the Dostoevsky Restaurant (or a similar local restaurant). Accommodation at Ambassador Hotel.
Day 15: Departure from St. Petersburg
Breakfast at the hotel, followed by transfer to St. Petersburg Airport to connect with your homebound flight.
Duration: 3 overnights in St. Petersburg (total 15 days tour).
Available: On the July 24 departure from Oslo.
Guiding: English tour escort throughout, as well as English speaking local guides.
Price: EUR 1500,- per person in shared double room / Single room supplement EUR 301,- / Triple room reduction EUR 10,- per person
Please note: To secure availability we strongly recommend booking the extension to St.Petersburg at the time of booking the Northern Highlights tour.
Additional services included:
- 3 nights accommodation including daily 3-course or buffet dinner and buffet breakfast, in centrally located first class hotel, all rooms with private facilities.
- Train from Helsinki to St. Petersburg (2nd class)
- 2 lunches on days 13 and 14, plus packed lunch on train Helsinki – St. Petersburg.
- Complete programme in St. Petersburg, including 3 hours city tour, visit to Peter & Paul Fortress, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Hermitage Museum/Winter Palace, excursion to Peterhof, all entrances included, hydrofoil St. Petersburg – Peterhof, 1 hour’s canal tour, plus folklore show at Nikolaevsky Palace incl. snacks during intermission and dinner at Dostoevsky Restaurant (or similar local restaurant).
- Luggage assistance at hotel.
- English speaking tour escort throughout.
- Transportation by modern deluxe coach with reclining seats etc.
- Transfers airport/hotel on last day to coincide with individual flight times (only included if departing on the same day as the escorted coach tour ends).