Spend the night at Kirkenes Snow Hotel – a once in a lifetime experience. Kirkenes Snow Hotel is entirely constructed from snow and ice each year; it opened in December 2006 for the first time.
The Snow Hotel is located in beautiful surroundings at a fjord arm outside the centre of Kirkenes. Start the evening in the cozy Gabba Restaurant next to the Snow Hotel. The guide will give you more information about your stay and serve the starter, prepared by the open fire. Enjoy a welcome drink in the SnowBar before having the main course and dessert served in the main restaurant. You will have the opportunity to walk around the SnowHotel, say hello to the reindeer, and with some luck, catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights.
After dinner, the guide will explain all you need to know for the overnight in the cold. The Snow Hotel is located right next to the service building where you will find the restaurant, a lounge with access to warm beverages, wardrobes, toilets, showers and sauna. The temperature in the Snow Hotel is constant at about -5 degrees Celsius. The rooms in the Snow Hotel are spacious and beautifully decorated and illuminated by art made of snow and ice. There are curtains in front of your room. You will get a sleeping bag, sheet and additional clothing if needed.
In the morning, you can enjoy the sauna before having breakfast between 7:00 and 8:30 hrs. Thereafter the minibus will take you back to your hotel or to the Hurtigruten pier.
- Available: Daily from December 20 2017 until April 20 2018
- Departure: 13:00 or 17:00 hrs from Scandic Hotel Kirkenes / Thon Hotel Kirkenes or 9:00 hrs from the Hurtigruten pier
- Airport transfer: It is possible to start/end directly at the airport, please see the airport transfer add-on for more information
- Price 2017/2018:
- December 20, 2017 – January 6, 2018: EUR 389,- per person
- January 6, 2018 – April 20, 2018: EUR 329,- per person
- Child conditions 2017/2018: 50% discount (7-11 years). This service is not suitable for children under the age of 7
- Included: Transfers, overnight at Kirkenes Snow Hotel, 3-course dinner, morning sauna and breakfast